New CCleaner User

rainbowstar2842

A friend suggested that I download CCleaner ,as I had some pesky item's that refused to go away even after being removed from my add/remove .I had instruction's on how to use CCleaner for the first time .

I used it and found thing's on the list that I had taken from the add/remove program ,so I had no trouble about leaving them checked to be removed from my computer ,BUT I still have ALOT of thing's that are showing up on the list that I unchecked ,so it wouldn't be removed, as I didn't know if these item's should be removed or not.

What are these thing's that showed up on the CCleaner list the first time?If they are not needed I'd like to get rid of them ,but I don't want to do something wrong ,by deleting something I need .

I'm just a REAL clean freak and not a pack rat .That includes whats on my computer. If I don't need it I don't want it on there.

MISSING SHARED DLL

UNUSED FILE EXTENSION

OPEN WITH APPLICATION...

ACTIVEX\COM ISSUE

INVALID DEFAULT ICON

APPLICATION PATH ISSUE

HELP FILE ISSUE

UNINSTALLER REFERENCE ISSUE

INSTALLER REFERENCE ISSUE

OLD START KEY ISSUE

MISSING MUI REFERENCE

Thank you in advance

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums! :)

A good starting place is to check out the Beginner's Guide, it will answer many questions. ;)

All that stuff you listed is invalid registry data. Some of it comes from uninstalling software that leaves traces behind, others can be from daily usage. The Issues scanner which is showing this invalid data has an option to let you create a backup .reg file before removal (it will display a Window with that option) which can be saved in the My Documents folder, or elsewhere if you wish. That backup .reg file can simply be double clicked to put the removed registry data back into the Windows registry.