Kill Prosess feature

Hurtcake

First of all i want to thank you for a great program. :D Keep up the good work.

Here's an idea. What if you added a feature to kill a prosess, and\or maybe schedule files for deletion on next boot. Those would be practical for a cleaning program ;)

Or what do you guys think?

First of all i want to thank you for a great program. :D Keep up the good work.

Here's an idea. What if you added a feature to kill a prosess, and\or maybe schedule files for deletion on next boot. Those would be practical for a cleaning program ;)

Or what do you guys think?

Why are you wanting CCleaner to kill a process? I'm not sure if a process killer is practical for a cleaning program. But I guess depends on how you look at it. ;) And unless something changed recently that I'm not aware of, CCleaner does schedule .dat files for deletion on next boot. Are there specific files in mind that you are suggestion to be deleted on next boot?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Why are you wanting CCleaner to kill a process? I'm not sure if a process killer is practical for a cleaning program. But I guess depends on how you look at it. ;) And unless something changed recently that I'm not aware of, CCleaner does schedule .dat files for deletion on next boot. Are there specific files in mind that you are suggestion to be deleted on next boot?

No i dont have this problem, but i thought it would be nice to for example schedule a file for deletion on next boot. I was thinking on basicly all files, not just .dat.

The "options-custom-add file" only removes the selected file, not on the next boot, ans so it won't remove files that are in use. (viruses, exe-files, some media files etc)

I agree the kill prosess thing, is a bit out of order, but you could for example use it to kill the prosess using the file, if youre too lazy pressing "ctrl+alt+del". We like all in one programs:P

But serious the schedule file thingy, could be a nice feature.

• Moderators
Why are you wanting CCleaner to kill a process? I'm not sure if a process killer is practical for a cleaning program.

However scheduling certain files to be deleted on reboot such as certain logs like Windows Firewall (pfirewall.log) and Task Scheduler (SchedLgU.Txt) or files/folders someone adds into Options->Custom would negate me having to use a rival freeware cleaning tool that does delete any in-use locked file on reboot.