Looking For Something Spybot Resident

TheFiresInTheSky

I have spybot resident, it's supposed to stop stuff from adding itself to the startup menu but it doesn't do a good job of that and it's too bloated.

Any other good free alternatives?

I have Spyware Terminator that makes a very good job with startup shield'feature. Their Real Time-Protection is excellent.

A soft alternative is Arovax Shield that works well with startup items (the file extensions shield don't works).

I second SpywareTerminator. Since installing and using it I've turned Spybot's teatimer off, they were warning of the same things. But ST warns of much more besides. Their aren't too many freeware realtime antispy programs around, either.

another option is Winpatrol. Warns of startup changes and a few other things,(BHO's, "bad" cookies,etc) quite a few handy tools. Not quite realtime, though...it scans the various parameters every one to eleven minutes (or more), these time intervals can be changed by the user down to a minimum of one minute.

post-8115-1168423865_thumb.jpg

post-8115-1168423873_thumb.jpg

post-8115-1168423865_thumb.jpg

post-8115-1168423873_thumb.jpg

From "Spyware Warrior" here:

At the end of the three month probation period we re-tested Spyware Terminator, again finding no problems serious enough to justify listing the program on this page. As the vendor involved has not been involved in the distribution of adware for many months, and as the program itself exhibits no problems serious enough to warrant mention on this page, we have decided to de-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can no longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect."

They are talking from Spyware Terminator.

Don't confuse with Spyware Terminator from invender.nl or Spyware X-terminator from Stompsoft.

B)

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/spywareterminator.com

Is that the one your talking about?

I'm not sure if I'd trust it, it's on Mcafee's yellow list.

I am going to ask McAfee SiteAdvisor to remove the detection flag as Spyware Terminator has been proven that its OK.

Edit: There have been many requests for Spyware Terminator to be re-rated as Good but McAfee is slow in doing it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user