DriverAgent.com Scan Results

Amit

There were two areas that said bad drivers:

Under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller and

Under System Devices: NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator

I was wondering how these are usually updated and if they are a part of other drivers.

I have the latest graphics and nForce drivers

Thanks

• Moderators

Just because some scanning site says it's corrupt doesn't mean it's true. I'd image it's like aggressive registry cleaners that are notorious for removing valid registry data, e.g.; a false positive.

I'm no hardware expert however that 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' would most likely be installed by Windows and be a Microsoft component, I've personally never seen an update in that area for any system I've had. Although the NVIDIA one I don't know about, so visiting their website may turn up something.

If this is touchstone.com, I've had the same thing. Went to Nvidea and downloaded the latest driver package appropriate to my 'pooter. (That was a bit of a learning curve.) After installation, the driveragent scan reported similar results. I elected not to use the service after that, as it seemed clear to me there were no newer drivers available for the network bus enumerator. The others updated good as gold.

I think Andavari has it spot on, especially as they want you to pay for the drivers after they've told you what's ""bad".

Just because some scanning site says it's corrupt doesn't mean it's true. I'd image it's like aggressive registry cleaners that are notorious for removing valid registry data, e.g.; a false positive.
I think Andavari has it spot on, especially as they want you to pay for the drivers after they've told you what's ""bad".

I had the same thoughts but I was just curious