can CCleaner actually makes your laptop slower

putkinen

i use CCleaner because everyone seems to like it.

wondering if CCleaner can make so your computer goes slower.

maybe if it removes important files from windows or your anti-virus program.

or maybe it makes so spywares goes in easy.

i can feel sometimes that internet searching goes slower, should it be so.

maybe i just dreaming.

welcome to the forums ;)

if you are checking some of the advanced items, it could in a way make your searches run slower by just a tad.

same thing if your deleting your temporary internet files, those have to be re-downloaded when you go back to that site then.

(i still think its worth it though)

you may want to read through the beginners guide to figure out what you are deleting,

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1504

-aaron :D

It might make browsing marginally slower if you run it halfway through a browsing session, but the junk that accumulates by not using it will slow you down more IMO. You are best off running it at the end of a session if that is an issue for you. Personally I use it regularly during a browsing session and usually the difference is a positive one. In fact quite often if a web page or site is slow or not working, running CCleaner often sorts it.

As for your security question, it won't have any detrimental effect on that. If anything it will make you slightly more secure as tracking cookies or malware hiding in temp files will be removed.

i use CCleaner v1.35.424 - Basic

- No Toolbar

601KB

ps. i use mozilla firefox, how can i make so ccleaner dont remove the login settings firefox save for websites.

so i dosent need to login every time (its take 5sek more , hehehe), and if i do that, will ccleaner save a lot of junk (like cookies, cachefiles, etc)

pss. is it ok to use ccleaner every day, or should i use it like 1 time a months

ps. i use mozilla firefox, how can i make so ccleaner dont remove the login settings firefox save for websites.

so i dosent need to login every time (its take 5sek more , hehehe), and if i do that, will ccleaner save a lot of junk (like cookies, cachefiles, etc)

pss. is it ok to use ccleaner every day, or should i use it like 1 time a months

in firefox, go to tools>options>privacy>passwords>settings and uncheck "saved passwords".

it will still delete everything else as it normally does.

it is also okay to use ccleaner every day but i think it only needs to be run about once a week ;)

hope this answers your questions! :D

i use mozilla firefox, how can i make so ccleaner dont remove the login settings firefox save for websites.

Most login passwords are stored in cookies. In CCleaner, go to Options | Cookies. Move cookies that you want to keep from the left to the right side. You can identify the cookies by the website URL, e.g. the login info for this website would be named forum.ccleaner.com

Most login passwords are stored in cookies. In CCleaner, go to Options | Cookies. Move cookies that you want to keep from the left to the right side. You can identify the cookies by the website URL, e.g. the login info for this website would be named forum.ccleaner.com

^^^That is the correct answer ;)

ok, why arent my passwords getting erased then?

i have nearly everything checked off in ccleaner except for a couple things under advance.

I'm sure there is a reason for this.

• Do you have Cookies checked on Firefox/Mozilla?
  • Under Options | Cookies, do you have some of these cookies stored on the right-hand side?

Hmm - this is very unusual. I cannot imagine that CCleaner is checking the preferences of other applications. Could it be that Firefox stores these login passwords somewhere else if that option is specified? That would be most clever of Firefox!