Memory question

Stephen

I am getting the Intel D975XBX2 mobo and the Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe for a new build. I will be getting either Corsair or Crucial memory.

The computer will be used for video editing, some gaming, and general use (web surfing, email, etc.). I am interested in memory that is stable and fast, and compatible with the mobo and processor above. Overclocking is not a big priority. Flashing lights on the memory is not something I need either.

Any opinions on the best memory to get?

I am getting the Intel D975XBX2 mobo and the Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe for a new build. I will be getting either Corsair or Crucial memory.

The computer will be used for video editing, some gaming, and general use (web surfing, email, etc.). I am interested in memory that is stable and fast, and compatible with the mobo and processor above. Overclocking is not a big priority. Flashing lights on the memory is not something I need either.

Any opinions on the best memory to get?

Have used Crucial memory in allot of computer never had a problem with any of it. Cant say much about the other brand good or bad no experience with it.

I can speak for Corsair, since I've used their memory in the last 8 PC's I've built. Corsair offers a lifetime warranty (I think that most RAM manufacturers do as well, but I figured it was worth mentioning), and Corsair is teamed up with Nvidia right now, which means their memory should be compatible with any mobo that has an Nvidia North Bridge. I've never received any Corsair memory that was DOA (Dead On Arrival) or became faulty after heavy usage, so needless to say, I've had a very good experience with their products (I've also used their SD memory cards and USB Flash ROM drives, with no problems).

I personally have never used Crucial memory, but I've heard good things. Kingston is another memory company I've had good luck with, although I've only used their memory a couple times.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!