Firefox crashing?

rridgely

• Moderators

Has anyone else been having issues with firefox 2 crashing?

Everytime I try to look at large screenshots or videos from sites like gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/

The browser crashes at least once or twice before I get to see the pic/movie I want.

Its not the only site its happening on but the one it happens most often with.

Firefox 1.5 never crashed even once on me. This one crashes a few times a day. :(

For now I'm back on the seamonkey. I thought it might be extension based but I made a new clean profile and install and it still happens. At least it has a sesion restore but it shouldn't be crashing at all. <_<

• Moderators

It didn't crash on me however you're crashing can be from a number of things such as needing to update Adobe Flash Player since that page uses flash, or it could be some messed up JavaScript on the page causing it.

That page is slow loading or it's either always loading because it was stuck on img.com.com forever.

Kind of a laugh was watching a trailer on there for Gran Turismo HD ("High Definition") in low definition with all sorts of compression ruining the video. :lol:

• Moderators

I made sure flash and java were updated before I made a new profile. :D

It doesn't crash just opening the site, it only happens when I look at movies or screenshots.

Oh well I like this new seamonkey beta better anyway.(it has spell check and seems to actually be faster)

It doesn't crash just opening the site, it only happens when I look at movies or screenshots.

Oh well I like this new seamonkey beta better anyway.(it has spell check and seems to actually be faster)

That web page is very slow loading didn't crash on me though but took forever to load a video. Firefox 2 has inline spell checking enable it under Options/Advance tab, on that tab under Browsing check the box check my spelling as I type.

• Moderators

Don't know what's causing it. Although it reminds me of years ago if I would visit zdnet.com it would cause the whole computer to reboot, of course that was back in the day before I used a firewall and when ZoneAlarm was just starting out.

Don't know what's causing it. Although it reminds me of years ago if I would visit zdnet.com it would cause the whole computer to reboot, of course that was back in the day before I used a firewall and when ZoneAlarm was just starting out.

Hmmmm I'm wondering if it could be some type of video related plugin. The screenshot crashing part is odd though is this the only site that you have experienced problems with. Seems like I remember having something similar happen with and older version of Firefox did a clean reinstall and it fixed that.