Dr. Web Anti-Virus Link Checker Add-on for Firefox and Firefox Extension Backup Extension Q!

cackhandedchimp

Hi, I'm new here, looks like a great forum for all questions I have PC related!

1) When I check a download through a link y right clicking and selecting Dr. Web, the window opens, it seems to be checking it but always ends up freezing and never telling me whether or not the download is actually safe. Help!

2) When I create an FEBE backup and save it, how would I ever use it if all my Firefox information was deleted?

Oh, and also: Can I ever accidentally delete important stuff using CCleaner, just by using the basic Cleaner tool?

Many thanks,

Ben

• Moderators

Welcome to the CCleaner Forums cackhandedchimp! :)

1) The Dr. Web Firefox add-on can't always scan each and every site thrown at it, I've seen on more than a few occasions where it just sits there doing absolutely nothing. Rather this is the site being scanned blocking the attempt to be scanned (firewalled, etc) or if the Dr. Web servers are acting slow who knows for sure, but yeah I can confirm the plugin not always working.

2) Don't know, so you'll have to wait for a user of FEBE to answer that one.

3) Under the Cleaner button in CCleaner you may want to click on the Applications tab and untick Microsoft Office if you have that installed, because like other cleaning apps CCleaner also erases the settings for apps like MS Word, etc. Other than that just scroll through the list and remove any application you use and prefer it to keep it's logs and crumbs such as your installed ant-virus if it's listed. You can of course also get an add-on cleaning component to CCleaner which cleans even more apps called winapp2.ini.

2) When I create an FEBE backup and save it, how would I ever use it if all my Firefox information was deleted?

2) Don't know, so you'll have to wait for a user of FEBE to answer that one.

Here I am :D

Its simple really, in Firefox click on tools at the top of the browser, go to the FEBE entry, and from there you can restore whatever items you want, ie if you backed up your entire profile select restore profile, if you just want to restore an individual item (such as your extensions) you can select it seperately.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)