Am I just paranoid?

krag86

I have loaded CCleaner, and after reading the help, etc., instructions, I must admit that I am in fear of losing something important to the operation ,etc. I'm sure you can tell that I am an FNG,and I don't understand a lot of what is going on. I have xtspyse and regcure. Any comments pro or con? Be kind enough not to flame on me. :rolleyes:

A little bit of paranoia never hurt anyone. :D

Some people have reported loosing stuff using CCleaner, I don't know if its because they have some malware that CCleaner breaks that make their system sucks or that they store all their important stuff in the temp folder. I never had any problems myself with CCleaner though.

You should make a System Restore point. It is also a good idea to make a backup of your important data.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

welcome to the forums kraq :D

Ccleaner is safe as long as you make a restore point and back up your registry when ccleaner asks you to.

ccleaner was built from the ground up to be as safe as possible.

those other registry scanners may delete more and find more but your also in more of a risk of losing important stuff with those.

I have xtspyse and regcure. Any comments pro or con?

Dunno about Regcure but no need to pay for a program like that, besides you have to be ever so careful with reg cleaners. Stick to CCleaners issues scanner, a much safer alternative IMO. I assume 'xtspyse' is a typo as a Google search brings up no results, though it doesn't ring any bells even as a typo.