battery not charging

emjay

After running ccleaner, my batteries quit charging. The power meter in the tray shows the electrical plug icon and when I scroll over it, it states "on AC Power". The little lightning bolt icon to indicate charging is gone. When I open the power meter, it says the battery is charging, but after three days it is still at 1% power.

I performed a battery recalibration through the BIOS and after 14 hours it to did not move beyond one percent. I terminated the program without success.

This is the only problem I have encountered since using this software.

Is this a coincidence or is the ability to charge a battery software driven?

welcome to the forums emjay :D

this is a total coincidence.

theres absolutely no way Ccleaner could have done this.

you said it stays at one percent?

what happens when you unplug it after about a day or so of charging?

You didn't say what app provided the power meter so there's a slight chance CCleaner may be partially at fault.

It's possible that your battery may be charging but you are getting a bad status report.

I once had a laptop where the utility that provided enhanced battery information (stupidly) required a file in the temp folder. If you have a similar setup, and you cleared the temp folder ...

welcome to the forums emjay :D

this is a total coincidence.

theres absolutely no way Ccleaner could have done this.

you said it stays at one percent?

what happens when you unplug it after about a day or so of charging?

trying that now. I know the critical battery alarm comes up. Also, when I pull out the batteries, their indicators both show less than 1%.

• 17 years later...

I have similar problem. When I installed trial version of ccleaner and it expired my laptop battery stop charging. I assumed it was dead battery and bought new. Then I renewed ccleaner subscription and for a month and after this subscription expired new battery stoped charging. After I renew the subscription again the battery miraculously started charging again. Now my subscription ended again and guess what, battery is not charging. How to remove the bug?

• Moderators

You have posted in a  17 year old thread.

How do you think that having an active subscription to CCleaner or not could affect/enable the charging of your battery?
Billions of people don't have a CCleaner subscription, mostly their batteries charge with no problem unless there is a fault with their battery or their charger.

(Now if you had said it the other way round and that having a CCleaner Pro subscription active prevented charging then that just might be a very, very slight possibility - if there was a bug).

If you have more details  of just why you think that CCleaner may be responsible for if your battery charges or not then please start a new thread of your own with those details.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043