Automatic updates

Hobbit

Hope I'm in the right place to post this Q and it's a bit basic I know. When the box Automatically check for updates is selected, and notification received of such, do i still need to physically download that update or can CCleaner be configured to do this as well.

Many Thanks

Hobbit

When the box Automatically check for updates is selected, and notification received of such, do i still need to physically download that update

Many Thanks

Hobbit

Yes. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Yes. :)

Cheers Woody, Is that a yes I must download and install Or Yes ccleaner will auto install. On another forum of which I'm an active member, another is arguing the fact that he does nothing but 'sit back' his program is always uptodate.

You still need to physically download the update.

Thanks woody. O.K. now there's two of them on my back saying their systems are always updated automatically. Is there anything/anywhere I can direct them to show this is not the case. I did download begginers guide but that did not provide the info required.

Cheers

O.K. now there's two of them on my back saying their systems are always updated automatically. Is there anything/anywhere I can direct them to show this is not the case.

Perhaps ask what version they are using, then if they tell you an old version you can take great pleasure in pointing this out ;)

I agree with JD Power. Ask your friends on the forum which version they have. You might find that they owe you an apology.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

I agree with JD Power. Ask your friends on the forum which version they have. You might find that they owe you an apology.

Thanks Woody and all. From the link posted you can probably see things have gone very quiet at the moment. Think I'll give it a day or two then ask the question (same link).