crash on window resize becomes too small

Cybot

I was not able to reproduce this bug with CCleaner 1.33 running on Windows XP Professional with SP2 and all patches.

i have also Windows XP Pro SP2 with all patches (and IE7 RC1 DE, but i don't think that this is the reason)

How exactly did you get it to shrink that small? On my computer it wont shrink even close to that size.

just do it - i did not any special with this, possible the source for this problem is the different DPI settings i have on my system

my display properties has 168 DPI or 175%

i did not always get this Error-Windows, most of the time CCleaner just closes without any error, and one time the Windows Error Reporting Tool came up (and i sent the error report).

i can get down to about double that, i think its an issue for mrG to take a look at.

ill PM him. :)

possible the minimum window size is set by px and does not depend on font-size, as it should be.

• Moderators

possible the source for this problem is the different DPI settings i have on my system

That's what I was thinking. However an application shouldn't really be crashing due to your display settings unless there's some minimum built into CCleaner. In any event it's something the developer will have to diagnose.

However in the meantime there's something you can do, and take screenshots of it when CCleaner crashes and that is to run CCleaner in DEBUG mode via:

Copy+Paste the below parameter into Start->Run:"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /DEBUG

take screenshots of it when CCleaner crashes and that is to run CCleaner in DEBUG mode via:

Copy+Paste the below parameter into Start->Run:"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /DEBUG

%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\ccleaner /DEBUG

works better ... ;-)

but any way, it doesn't help, it just closes ... and sometimes the already above posted window comes up, nothing more!

works better ... ;-)
but any way, it doesn't help, it just closes

contradiction? nevermind, i figured out what you were talking about.

the "/debug" option helps to solve problems.

it comes up with different windows when its cleaning to tell you where its at.

im sure it does more but im not aware of anything else.

right when you load it, does it close right back down?

or does it give you time to start scanning?

contradiction? nevermind, i figured out what you were talking about.

no contradiction,

"C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /DEBUG

does not work as i have no folder 'Program Files'

but %ProgramFiles% does this for all locales

but the /debug option does not help, as there is no more information than without it.

the "/debug" option helps to solve problems.

it comes up with different windows when its cleaning to tell you where its at.

im sure it does more but im not aware of anything else.

Cleaning is not the problem

right when you load it, does it close right back down? or does it give you time to start scanning?

No, CCleaner is working fine, with or without /debug, it just crashes when resizing to small, but there is no difference with or without /debug, no additional information/window/text/ or something