overwrite deleted email

billyboy

• Moderators

I've never really thought about that.

Every so often windows asks to compact my folders in Outlook Express. As far as I have been told ( by DJLizard) this re-compresses the deleted e-mail files (.dbx files which are only marked for deletion) and then removes everything that was deleted

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 years later...
I wonder if many of you would like to have Outlook Express 'Deleted items' file included in the CCleaner? It would be nice to know that deleted mail has been safely "overwritten".

Billyboy

Seeing the date of this post, I am very surprised that this significant oversight has not already been remedied. CCleaner still does not address the Deleted Items dbx. If one conducts a search, one finds that this dbx still contains information pertaining to all e-mail that one has opted to "permanently" delete, in my case in Outlook Express - and can constitute a rather sizable file. To remedy this, one currently needs to manually delete the dbx, which Outlook Express then automatically recreates cleanly upon reopening of the program. I would very much appreciate having CCleaner address this fundamental misrepresentation of Office functionality in its cleaning operation.