Registry Keys

fisherking

:( Help! I used CCleaner to 'clean up' redundant files, keys, whatevers, and then when I tried to upgrade my iTunes and Quicktime to their new releases, the installer hung up with the following message, which I have attached. 1. Are these 'fixed issues' gone for good if I mistakenly deleted the wrong thing? Does windows have any automatic backup of its registry? Can I 'fix' the problem myself by inserting/'editing?' the missing key? I am stymied, because I really like iTunes. Thanks. Hope the attachment makes sense to someone. Help is appreciated!

Apple_Issue.doc

Apple_Issue.doc

• Moderators

I don't think I like to open .doc files from strangers. My mommy said it was bad!

LOL! Although it's for a valid help request and if you have up-to-date installed antivirus and antispyware the possibility of getting something is remote.

LOL! Although it's for a valid help request and if you have up-to-date installed antivirus and antispyware the possibility of getting something is remote.

Yeah, but remember that we've had quite a few attacks on this forum and that would be a sneaky way to do it. ;)

Sorry, totally off topic. @fisherking, follow rridgley's advice. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• 1 month later...

i have the same problems missing registry key. After cleaning my registry I could not upgrade Itunes to the latest version due to missing key. I uninstaled Itunes but I was surprised to see Itunes still working on my pc. Who can help me to find the solution. Should I go through the registry and remove everthing Itunes ??