Date not showing in windows. CCleaner ?

Hi.

After update CCleaner and cleaning my date and time in windows do not work properly.

I only now get time  in down right corner of screen.

Is it CCleaner ?

Anyone else get this problem?

---

I am new here, so sorry if I dont know how to write a thread.

----

MagI

Love 3D Tetris version BlockOut and pro version BlockOut2  on level:  Out of control   

• Moderators

I doubt that CCleaner would do that.

If this is Windows 10 then have you changed the taskbar buttons to small ones?
(Note this option is not available in Windows 11).
When you use the small buttons you get a thinner taskbar, but it then only has space to show the time in the System Tray and not both time and date.

Right-click anywhere on the Taskbar and select 'Taskbar Settings'.
image.png

With Normal Taskbar buttons:
image.png
With Small Taskbar buttons:
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

6 minutes ago, nukecad said:

I doubt that CCleaner would do that.

If this is Windows 10 then have you changed the taskbar buttons to small ones?
(Note this option is not available in Windows 11).
When you use the small buttons you get a thinner taskbar, but it then only has space to show the time and not both time and date.

Right-click anywhere on the Taskbar and select 'Taskbar Settings'.
image.png

Normal Taskbar buttons:
image.png
Small Taskbar buttons:
image.png

Nope.

Did not help.

Windows 10: yes

When I get a windows update I get date settings back.

But after a CCleaner run it then only show time.

Any other suggestions?

Any registry data  I need to check?

MagI

--------

Love 3D Tetris version BlockOut and pro version BlockOut2  on level:  Out of control   

• Moderators

Are you running the Registry Cleaner?
If so then I would stop doing that, it is not meant to be used regularly.

Registry cleaning is an advanced tool sometimes used when trying to fix an already broken machine.
Using it regularly on a machine that isn't broken runs the risk of breaking something, or even bricking the whole machine, - you will find posts in this forum where exactly that has happened.

Registry cleaning will not make your machine run any faster, or any 'better', and the space it may save is only a few KB.

Windows 10/11 changes the registry too often to make using any registry cleaner totally safe.

For the official Piriform advice on using the CCleaner Registry Cleaner see this: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/?tab=comments#comment-326804

Here is Microsofts' advice on using any Registry Cleaner:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

22 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Are you running the Registry Cleaner?
If so then I would stop doing that, it is not meant to be used regularly.

Registry cleaning is an advanced tool sometimes used when trying to fix an already broken machine.
Using it regularly on a machine that isn't broken runs the risk of breaking something, or even bricking the whole machine, - you will find posts in this forum where exactly that has happened.

Registry cleaning will not make your machine run any faster, or any 'better', and the space it may save is only a few KB.

Windows 10/11 changes the registry too often to make using any registry cleaner totally safe.

For the official Piriform advice on using the CCleaner Registry Cleaner see this: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/?tab=comments#comment-326804

Here is Microsofts' advice on using any Registry Cleaner:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2563254/microsoft-support-policy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

Date disappeared after normal CCleaner.

I do not use Reg cleaner that often.

Just checking if anyone else get this date problem .....

MagI

-------

• Moderators

I don't recall anyone report this happening before, and I've been on the forum a number of years now.

Are you running Health Check or Custom Clean when it happens?

54 minutes ago, rofoun said:

I'm just fishing here but could you try to make the taskbar a little bit bigger to see if the date pops up? This suggestion is based on one of the answers here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-does-not-show-date/f2764f6f-d1cc-482c-ab4f-dce871b0afa1 (the second one)

Did not work.....

M

44 minutes ago, nukecad said:

I don't recall anyone report this happening before, and I've been on the forum a number of years now.

Are you running Health Check or Custom Clean when it happens?

I do the upper heart CCleaner run.

But I have some adjustments in the second button.

Do the second button effect the upper Heart button when run ?

M

-----

• Moderators

No that are not the same.

The Heart is Health Check, which uses it's own cleanng rules, and checks for software updates, etc.

The other is Custom Clean, which as the name says you can customize what gets cleaned or not.
It just does cleaning and nothing else.

The only thing that currently gets shared between the two is if you have set any cookies to be kept and not cleaned.

I'm still not sure why Health Check appears to be affecting the time/date in your System Tray, but nobody else is reporting the same thing happening.
I can only think that it is something unusual in your Windows settings on that machine,  Just what that 'something' may be is another question.

i always have the taskbar set to use  small buttions so i  only see the time, there. not the date.

i check the date by clicking on the time, there, which opens a window, showing the date.

14 hours ago, nukecad said:

No that are not the same.

The Heart is Health Check, which uses it's own cleanng rules, and checks for software updates, etc.

The other is Custom Clean, which as the name says you can customize what gets cleaned or not.
It just does cleaning and nothing else.

The only thing that currently gets shared between the two is if you have set any cookies to be kept and not cleaned.

I'm still not sure why Health Check appears to be affecting the time/date in your System Tray, but nobody else is reporting the same thing happening.
I can only think that it is something unusual in your Windows settings on that machine,  Just what that 'something' may be is another question.

Hi nukecad.

I probably found a solution.

I set my taskbar to smal buttons and then turned off my computer.

Then when I started it I turned taskbar to big buttons

and the all date and time settings came back.

Thanks for all patients with me.   :)

Peace from Sweden

• Moderators

Good to hear that you seem to have sorted it out.

The old "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?" became a cliche for a reason - it often works.

Nowadays I would modify it though.
Intead of turning off and then on again do a 'Restart' from the Power button in Start.
With Windows 10 and 11 a 'Restart' clears more of the Windows Kernel than just Shutting Down and Rebooting clears.

56 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Good to hear that you seem to have sorted it out.

The old "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?" became a cliche for a reason - it often works.

Nowadays I would modify it though.
Intead of turning off and then on again do a 'Restart' from the Power button in Start.
With Windows 10 and 11 a 'Restart' clears more of the Windows Kernel than just Shutting Down and Rebooting clears.

Ok.

Thanks....