ccleaner pro, error ALPHA (0x10000003)

• Moderators

The Alpha 0x100000030 message is due to not being able to connect to the licence server to activate the key.

Try again later, it may be a server problem.
If it still happens then check your internet connection, and try temporarily disabling your antiviruse/firewalls.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having this issue for months.  This exact error is most likely a firewall rule upstream.  It could be your firewall on the computer, your network firewall or even your upstream Service Provider blocking.

I purchased the 5 device license and have had nothing but issues.  CCleaner would take forever to load and would always say you need to activate the License. Why?

THE FIX (if you can call it that)

• The issue was a Firewall rule blocking anything to do with Avast. 
  • Specifically, the download/communication/authentication for anything CCleaner related was using HTTP request to {anything}.AVCDN.NET.  
  • Once cleared, the firewall rule for anything in/out to the domain (ie: *.avCDN.net) allowed CCleaner to phone home.
  • CCleaner was able to authenticate with the server, validate and activate my license. 
  • Software would then work.

Bad Business Practice?

1. Now, the rule must be paused while the CCleaner software runs, then re-enable the rule for protection.
  2. Also, It is a pain to have the continued threats of Avast products trying to install even when you say "no" and constant Popups.
  3. The amount of traffic being sent to the AVCDN means it is tracking all kinds of activity on your computer.
  4. This means that every single time your computer runs CCleaner, it is phoning home through the AVCDN.NET at near real time .

GENERAL COMMENT
I have enjoyed the products and time when Piriform was independent.  The software was quick, fast, and responsive and none of this spewing to the mother ship.  Ever since the buyout (2017), Piriform Brand/AVG/Avast/Gen Digital/MarkMonitor/Etc who run the CDN and domain are collecting detailed data.  This is not good in my opinion to have near real time profiling of users. Sorry guys, this is just bad practice with no excuse being enough to justify the traffic and potential invasive possibilities.

This will probably be my last year once the license expires.  I find it easier to wipe the drive and reinstall windows every 6 months to clean up the system.

Cheers!