seamonkey home button

rridgely

• Moderators

Alright last night firefox 2 beta started crashing on me. I even made a new profile and it still did it. :(

That always happens to me with the firefox betas, they work for a week and then crash over and over. <_<

Anyway I had opera on my computer but I just can't get used to it so I decided to give seamonkey(mozilla suite) a shot. Actually I'm pretty happy with it. My only gripes were that it still didn't have a "home" toolbar button. But I found an extension for that here(it also has the clear private data extension as well):

http://webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html#2

I'm going to use it untill firefox 2 is out of beta. Anyway I just thought that link would help anyone that wanted a home button in seamonkey. Also I got most of my extenions to work(adblock, filter set g, ect.)

• Moderators

Firefox 1.0 and 1.5 never crashed on me. Firefox 2.0beta wouldn't stop after last night(all I was doing was using the forum and email). Its a beta though so I wasn't to surprised.

Anyway if you can't get FF to stop crashing try seamonkey:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Get the home button extension and a new theme and you wont even be able to tell its not firefox.

I experienced crashes with 2.0 beta 1, but overall it was pretty stable.

Now I am running 2.0 beta 2 and it is pretty damn stable, never crashed yet.

I don't like the theme so much in 2.0 beta 2 though, I hope it is better in rc1. :D

I am eagerly awaiting rc1. :)

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Firefox 2 has built-in session restore, so you don't even need Session Manager. Crashes are still annoying. Haven't had any with the nightly builds in a long time, though.

rridgely, 2.0rc1 is supposed to come out next Tuesday.

Thanks for the info. :)

When FF started crashing I couldn't even start it back up. As soon as I tried to open it the browser didn't even show it just booted straight to the report error to mozilla thing. I made a new profile and it worked again for a day and then it did it again. :(

Seamonkey is kinda cool though. I didn't even like the old mozilla suite but this seems better. It seems a lot more customizable and just as fast as firefox.

untitledrf0.th.jpg

Cant even really tell that its not FF.(the new FF theme is so ugly :P)

When FF started crashing I couldn't even start it back up. As soon as I tried to open it the browser didn't even show it just booted straight to the report error to mozilla thing. I made a new profile and it worked again for a day and then it did it again. :(

Have you tried starting Firefox in safe mode?

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png