Privacy settings screen size

The small screens to add frequently chosen websites and to add bookmarks to the Cookie allow list is not useable. The selection list is only very partly visible and there is no confirmation button. The only way to shut-down CCleaner is by using the Windows 11 task manager.

I have tried this in my own language setting and in English and I have changed my screen resolution for text to the smallest possible. No change. See sample screenshots attached.

2024-02-19_15-48-16.jpg

2024-02-19_15-52-17.jpg

• Moderators

You appear to have resized (enlarged) the CCleaner UI to suit high resolution settings.

What display resolution settings are you using?
What display scaling are you using?

I am not sure just why the pop-up box is being cut off, but that is probably again due to the resolution settings that you have set.

Have you tried dragging the width and height of the whole CCleaner UI smaller if it lets you. (so that the privacy settings then fill their window).

It should look like this (on standard 1366 x 768 at 100% scaling):
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

24 minutes ago, nukecad said:

You appear to have resized (enlarged) the CCleaner UI to suit high resolution settings.

I had resized nothing before going to the pop-up box.

What display resolution settings are you using?

3840x2160 as recommended by my system and used in my programs.
What display scaling are you using?

150% as recommended by my system. Tried text scaling at 100% but that made no difference.

I am not sure just why the pop-up box is being cut off, but that is probably again due to the resolution settings that you have set.

That's indeed what it looks like and I have the impression that the pop-up text is not scaled accordingly, nor that the box can be resized. There is even less of the box content visible when setting CCleaner to use my mother's language: it results in an extra explanation line pushing the rest below even further.

Have you tried dragging the width and height of the whole CCleaner UI smaller if it lets you. (so that the privacy settings then fill their window).

I have tried that but I can only increase it in size and that makes no difference in the size or layout of the pop-up box.

It should look like this (on standard 1366 x 768 at 100% scaling):
image.png

I have inserted my answers.

2024-02-19_18-07-16.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks, so that points up that it is your resolution settings that are the cause of the issue.

I will flag this up to the staff to be looked at by the developers.

However I will note that this particular issue with high resolution settings has been reported before - so it may be proving a difficult one to fix.
(Of course the more people that report having an issue with Hi Res displays the higher a priority finding a fix will be given).

In the meantime I would suggest that you don't use that particular page in Health Check, there is an alternative that you can use to put cookies on the Allowlist, but it's a bit more work to use.
Go to Options>Cookies and you can manually sellect the cookies that you want to keep and then add them to the Cookie Allowlist.
image.png

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

@nukecad Thanks for your kind reaction and for pointing that out.

However, I can hardly imagine that a 1366 x 768 resolution (in which you showed that the box is correctly visible) is still the standard one to work as expected in this day and age...😚

• Moderators

Obviously most are using the 'standard' resolutions, - otherwise we would be getting a lot more disgruntled users posting with this issue.

There again by definition 'standard' means 'most commonly in use'.

I would also note that Health Check was introduced as easy to use for less technical users (an early version of it was called "Easy Clean") and so it's aimed at the very users who are unlikely to be using non-standard resolutions.

Hopfully that alternative cookies to keep method will work satisfactorarily for you, and others who may be having the same issue, it's just a bit more work to do it that way.

• 3 weeks later...