CCleaner doesn't run with /AUTO command line option

For years I used CCleaner with the /AUTO command line option. Now on a different computer the tray icon can be seen only for a short moment and then closes. When I click on the icon before it vanishes the window is empty.

In normal mode CCleaner runs flawlessly. Is this a regression? The issue was there years ago already. Or can I do something to solve the issue?

CCleaner 6.20

Windows 10 Professional 64 bit

• Moderators

The icon in the System Tray will ony show for a moment (and be flashing) if you have CCleaner set to do a clean on startup, CCleaner runs a clean in the background and the icon closes once the clean has been done.

image.png

I believe that is also what the /AUTO command line option now does, it's just a different way of triggering it on demand rather than at startup.
(Originally it was /AUTOS for a 'silent' background run but I believe that got changed sometime ago and now /AUTO runs in the background)
Because it's running in the background it has not loaded the user interface, so if you do click the (flashing) icon it will show an empty window.

The CCleaner icon will remain in the tray (not flashing) if you have either or both Smart Cleaning or Automatically update CCleaner enabled.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043