CCleaner launches with Windows - but Start up is disabled

Windows 11 Home
Version 23H2
OS build 22631.3007
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0
CCleaner Ver.  620.0.10897  (free)

For some time now across version 6, I have not been able to prevent CCleaner from launching at Windows startup.  I have the program set within the CCleaner controls to NOT LAUNCH with Windows.  It is also disabled as a Startup item within Windows 11.  Yet, when I boot my system or restart it, CCleaner launches and displays in the task bar with other active apps or programs.  After each restart I have to manually "Exit" the program in the Task Bar area since I only run it periodically and manually.

It seems telling Windows or the program to not launch when you boot/restart is not being respected.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a known bug?   I'd like to avoid a Registry hack if possible.  

EDIT - It also appears that if I launch CCleaner to use it, it also embeds itself in the Task Manager area as a running app even though I formally closed it from within the app.  So to close the program I have 2-steps to follow.

Edited by DMK_Roslindale

• Moderators

Turn off smart monitoring and all autoupdate and ccleaner should stop opening with windows

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com