Keep account verifications after using Ccleaner

swahn907

When I used CCleaner on my computer, I have to re-sign in to all my financial accounts with two step authentications but when I use it on my husband's account, this doesn't happen (both windows IOS).  I checked all the Custom Clean settings in Ccleaner and they are both the same.

Is there something that I can uncheck to not clear this information when I run a scan?

• Moderators

Firstly, you say that you compared the Custom Clean settings but are you running Custom Clean or Health Check?
Health Check does not use the Custom Clean settings.

There are 2 things that can clear logins as you describe.
One is only in Custom Clean, the other is shared by both Custom Clean and Health Check.

In Custom Clean the thing that normally clears logins is 'Session' for the browser.
If it is ticked for the browser that you use then untick it. (or untick it in all the browsers listed).

The one that does both is the Cookies, you can put cookies on a 'Cookie Allowlist' so that CCleaner does not clear them.
You can manage individual cookies in Options>cookies, but I believe that in this case you may be better adding all the cookies for the websites where you use the 2FA.
The easiest way to do that is from Health Check (once done there Custom Clean will respect them as well and leave them alone, the Allowlist works in both).
I posted this last week which shows you how to do that:

PS. 2FA is a security measure, having to log in again with 2FA each time you visit is obviously more secure that not having to.
Many sites that deal with finances have 2FA and will log you out whatever cookies you keep or don't keep. eg. Banking sites normally require 2FA every time you visit.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043