CCLEANER completely destroyed my computer.

Stevend

Upgraded to pro and used the “update driver” function. It told me to restart and now I have no sound and am completely unable to connect to the internet. My computer now does “not detect any networking hardware” and CCLEANER didn’t create any restore points so I can’t do a system restore. Completely ruined my computer and IMPOSSIBLE to get in contact with their support. Absolute joke. 

There should be a roll back option under the driver updater for any drivers updated, you may need to click on the specific driver to do so. Other wise use device manager to roll back the driver.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

• 3 months later...

I used Driver updater several times, tjinking the first time was my error. It destroyed my computer. Tried roll back but nothing. The second time dreaded blue screen. REach time it cost $250 to get my computer going but no recovery on beloved family videos and pix etc. Also Kamo mever worked properly. Bye Bye CCLEANER. Too bad we can't get a class action suit against them.

I would always recommend using disk imaging software before using driver updaters or PC cleaners especially if a user has beloved data on their system.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.