Transfering CCleaner from old computer to a new one

DRHARVEYS

I would like to put CCleaner on an older Windows notebook. If it cleans everything up so the computer once again boots up and runs reasonably well, I will keep it.
If it doesn't fix my problem, then I'll be getting a new notebook or laptop and will no longer be using the old one.
My question is, can I remove CCleaner from the old computer and then reload it to the new one without buying a new license?
Thanks for the help!

• Moderators

Your licence key is valid 'per-device' - 1, 3, or 5 devices depending on which licence type you bought - so can be transferred from one machine to another as long as the licenced number of devices is not exceeded.

It isn't something that you should do often; but of course people do get new machines and transferring the licence in those circumstances is accepted.

So say you have a CCleaner Pro licence for one device, and you get a new one.
You can put CCleaner on the new device and use your existing key to register it as Pro, but you should then remove CCleaner Pro from the old device.
Of course you can then put CCleaner Free version on the old device if wanted.

The other option would be to upgrade to a 3, or 5, device licence so that you can have CCleaner Pro on that many devices.*
You can do that without losing the remaining time on your existing licence, in fact that remaining time also becomes valid for multiple devices.
If there are less than 90 days remaining on the existing licence, and you use the same email address when buying a new multi device licence, then that should happen automatically after a day or two and the time remaining will get added to the time on the new licence.
If there are more than 90 days left, or if you use a different email, then you contact support, ask them for a 'licence merge' and they will do it manually.

*If you are considering upgrading from a single to a multi device licence then it's probably best to contact support and ask about an upgrade, they may/will often be able to offer a discount on the price.

PS. They do run checks that licences are not being used on more machines than they should be.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043