Health Check Functionality

Fishhawk46

I'm running CCleaner v6.17.10746 (64-Bit) on Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit 22H2 with latest updates. CCleaner appears to work correctly, but I need information on how to interpret Health Check report. When executed, it reports "103 Trackers." However, when I selected "Make it better," only 3 trackers were reported "removed." Does this mean that 100 trackers remain active? Please advise, and thanks for your support.

CC_HealthCheckResults2023-10-23.png

• Moderators

It can be difficult to tell with Health Check. It is meant as a simpler cleaning option and so it doesn't give as much information as Custom Clean does.

Plus on occasion both Helath Check and Custom Clean may report more, or even less, to clean than actually gets cleaned.
There can be various reasons for that, eg. when it comes to clean it may find that the files are open or protected so it can't actually clean them at that time.
That's partly because the scan and clean are done at slightly different times and something may have changed in between.
Another example of that; if you do a scan and then put files in the recycle bin before actually cleaning then there will be more 'Junk' to clean than was found by the scan.

In this case though I would suspect that the difference is because you have opted to keep Cookies and data for some websites, so although Health Check scan finds the cookies (Trackers) you have told it not to clean them.

There are two methods of telling CCleaner to keep some cookies and other browser data.

In Health Check if you click on 'Privacy' following a scan it opens a new window with a button to 'Manage allowed websites', clicking that opens the following where you can tell it to ignore cookies etc from certain websites, it will list there any that you have told it to allow by either of the 2 methods:
I have one cookie allowed here, you may have more. If there is a website listed then you will be allowing all the cookies for that website.
image.png

Although it talks about login cookies there selecting a website to allow will allow all the cookies from that site, not just the login cookie.
It's simpler just to allow them all for that website than to try and identify one in particular, one which may be difficult to identify.

The second method is in Options > Cookies where you can be more precise and tell CCleaner to keep specific cookies (rather than all cookies for a particular website).
Health Check will respect any 'cookies to keep' that you have set there.
(Note that the same one cookie that I have listed in Health Check above is also shown here).
image.png

Note also that anything that you set to be kept by either of those 2 methods will be respected by both Health Check and Custom Clean.
(That is different than for other settings which only apply to the one that you set them in).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043