Prompt that opens and closes instantly

SR_Joke

Hi,
as per the subject I have noticed that for some time now at 22.59 +01.00 (10.59pm) I have a "white flash" while doing some activities.
I recorded the screen and from the still image, literally one frame I discovered that it is the CCleanerBugReport.exe application (I attach an image of the still image)
How can I make sure this doesn't happen again?

Thank you

Screenshot 2023-10-20 230709.png

• Moderators

Hi,

Yes it's the bug reporting task in CCleaner that does that.
It isn't alone, I know of a few apps that will flash up a Command Window, or Power Shell window, and immediately close it like that.
The commands they use have to open the window, but there are techniques that close it quickly again.
(It's debatable whether it is best to close it as quickly as possible, or leave it open a few seconds so the user can see just what it is).

In the case of CCleaner's bug reporter it's the fact that it happens at the same time each day that is the clue - Its a scheduled task which runs every day at the time it was installed/enabled.

You can 'hide' it by changing the task schedule so that it runs at Startup (or at a time of your choosing).
It will still run, but if you've set it to run at Startup you will never notice it.
(I'm assuming that the CCleaner developers don't set it to run at Startup by default because not everyone shuts down/restarts their machine daily).

See this post for how to change the schedule to do that: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/63929-ccleanercrashreporing-sheduled-task-issue/#comment-341743

PS. As said in that post you could disable the scheduled task altogether, but if you do that then it will be reinstated at the next CCleaner update so you'll have to remember to disable it again after each update. Much easier just to set it to run at Startup.

PPS. The bug reporter checks at the scheduled time, but only ever sends anything to CCleaner if there actually is a bug log to report.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043