CCleaner Professional / Premium

I'm having a similar issue. I was sent an email that mentioned I could get a discount if I renewed my product, which I did, but when I clicked ok in the email it forced me to install CCleaner Professional and now, I can't use CCleaner Premium anymore. It changed my product key and erased my name in the License Key tab of the Options menu. The e-mail said it was going to be a discounted price of $24.95 and now it is trying to charge $84.95 for Professional when I never agreed to it. I wanted to keep Premium. Thats a good scam they got going.  If anyone gets an e-mail about renewal of CCleaner make sure you don't click the link. If you want to keep Premium, then go directly to the website.

• Moderators

@mysticblueblade: I broke this out as a separate topic, since your matter seems to be about licensing and upgrades, while the other was about automatic version updates.

4 hours ago, mysticblueblade said:

I was sent an email that mentioned I could get a discount if I renewed my product, which I did, but when I clicked ok in the email it forced me to install CCleaner Professional

I am hoping that there were some missing steps that you skipped over there.  If this was a genuine email from CCleaner about your subscription then:

1. The content of the email would have been along the lines of "your subscription has expired / is expiring soon" with the product name (CCleaner Professional, CCleaner Professional Plus, CCleaner Professional Premium), the licence key, the expiry date, and a mention that there is presently an offer of some sort available to you. 
  2. Clicking on the "renew now" call to action would have taken you to a landing page (usually at secure.ccleaner.com) which would generally show 2-3 purchase options.  Depending on whether it was a "renew early", "your licence has expired", or some other promotion the range of options will vary, but would most typically include an option to stay with the product that you are currently on, to upgrade to a multi-year version of a higher level product, etc.
  3. And from that point you'd fill in the payment details and be billed for whatever the discounted price would be, and the result would be either an extension of your existing licence key, an extension and upgrade of your existing licence key or a completely new licence key.  There would be a link to install CCleaner (in case you needed it for a new computer), but you can just enter the new licence key into your existing installation of CCleaner to change from free to Professional, Professional to Plus, etc.
  4. There would also be a confirmation email from Cleverbridge containing the licence key, a PDF copy of your receipt, and a note that future renewals would be at the regular non-discounted price (US$29.95 for CCleaner Professional, US$49.95 for CCleaner Professional Plus and US$79.95 for CCleaner Professional Premium https://support.ccleaner.com/s/article/what-is-the-subscription-renewal-price-for-ccleaner-professional plus sales tax) 

If you were on CCleaner Professional Premium (5 device) then the landing page should have included an offer to keep you on Premium, and not offered you CCleaner Professional (1 PC) as an option at all, unless your Premium licence had been expired for a while.  Unless something had gone wrong.  Which it wounds like it has.

It would be helpful to figure out where. So a few questions:

• The email that you received - what address was it sent from, did it include your CCleaner Professional Premium licence information and, if so, what expiry date did it show?  Did the link you followed take you to a webpage hosted on secure.ccleaner.com that looked something like this (perhaps with different pricing)?

image.png

4 hours ago, mysticblueblade said:

now it is trying to charge $84.95 for Professional

$84.95 is not one of the CCleaner price points mentioned above, but sounds like the full renewal price for CCleaner Professional Premium if you are in a US state with 6.25% sales tax (Texas?)  Where did you see that mentioned?  Was that in the order confirmation email after your recent purchase (where it would have been in the "this is what you'll be billed next year" section).  Or in a pre-billing notification from Cleverbridge about billing you for your previous Premium subscription within the next 30 days? (Which under normal circumstances should not be happening).

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
Other customer support? Check the contact details in your order confirmation or email support@ccleaner.com
Privacy questions - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes or CCleaner version history.

Disclaimer: Anything written in this post is not official Piriform communication.  I am not a Piriform employee, just a forum moderator.

Thank you, finally, yes that is what I wanted, but I'm not going to buy it until I get the notice that the "Professional" version is cancelled. It says that the payment for the "Professional" is still in process. Thanks, but the link in your last post doesn't have an option to sign up for the Premium version. Will I be able to renew my current product key that I got for the Premium version because it is different than the one your team gave me for Professional version.

Edited by mysticblueblade

• Moderators

I've hidden your last post.  You shouldn't post such personal information in public like that.  Don't worry moderators and more importantly the ccleaner staff can still see the information you provided.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com