Running CCleaner on my Windows 10 PC wipes out all browser tab icons

KK0DJ

Years ago I used CCleaner and it was annoying that after you run it, it would remove all of the icons on all open tabs in every browser. I use several browsers and CCleaner still has this annoy9ing problem. I just paid for a subscription and I need a fix for this - it is VERY annoying and VERY time consuming to reset 20-30 tabs per browser. No, I am not going to use fewer browser tabs. No, I am not going to settle that it's just what it is... I need a fix please?

Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have asked CCleaner company to cancel my subscription. They haven't responded. They haven't responded to the support request for the problem stated above. I am not sure that CCleaner has anyone supporting their product or even cares what customer troubles folks are having.  Has anyone else had the issue I stated above? Have any of you had a response when putting in a support ticket?  Is anyone home here? HELLO?

• 3 weeks later...

So though I believe CCleaner is an "ok" app, the support isn't what it could be. If anyone knows how to configure it so it doesn't wipe out the icons on the tabs in all the browsers, please let me know. I have to continue using it to afford myself the expense since CCleaner refuses to respond to my request for a pro-rata subscription cancellation. ARGHHHH

• Moderators

I might help if you gave some details.

To start with which browser(s) ?

Which Windows version? (or is it a Mac? or Android?).

Is it just an icon going missing, or the tab name? or is the tab being closed altogether?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043