CCleaner Android, no key

Nate Castle

• Moderators

I have moved this into the CCleaner for Android forum, because your screenshots show an attempted purchase through the Google Play Store.

The 3rd one shows that the purchase has been rejected because you already have a CCleaner subscription linked to that Google account.
As it was rejected then no monies should have been taken.

CCleaner for Android has a different registration/licence system to the PC and Mac versions of CCleaner.

When you purchase CCleaner for Android from the Google Store you do not get a licence key.
The subscription is activated automatically by Google and is linked to the Google account it was purchased from.
It is valid on any device where that Google account is logged in.
There is no need for a seperate key in those circumstances.

(It's a slightly different process if you already have an existing multi-device key with Cleaner Pro Plus or CCleaner Premium).

What does Google tell you about your existing CCleaner subscription?

There should be a 'Manage your subscription' button or link in your CCleaner (similar to the ones in your second screenshotand that error message).

Alternatively:

1. Open the Play store and tap your profile icon.
  2. Tap 'Payments and Subscriptions'.
  3. Tap 'Subscriptions'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

19 hours ago, Laurence CCleaner said:

Hi @Nate Castle,
I have asked our support team to respond to your support team to prioritise your support request and respond immediately.
Additionally, we have released an update that should resolve this issue. Please update to V23.17.0(800010279), restart the app and activate your licence.

I installed the latest version but it still doesn't work 

Screenshot_20230907_130014_Settings.jpg

• Admin

Hi @Highfield 67

Have you updated to the latest version of CCleaner Android V23.17.0(800010279)?
If so please could you send a screenshot of the details you see on the About this App page in CCleaner Android to our support team via support@ccleaner.com
About this App can be accessed under the menu button in the top left corner and scrolling down to the bottom of the menu.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

You get CCleaner for Android through the Google Play Store, and then use your existing licence key to activate it - if your key is valid for multiple devices.

It needs to be a 20 character CCleaner Pro Plus, or CCleaner Premium key to be valid for multiple devices.

Note that the older, 24 character, Pro Plus keys were for 3 PCs and not 3 devices, it's a subtle difference.

If you still have an older, 24 character, Pro Plus key then you will need to get updated to a newer, 20 character, key so that 20 character key can be used to activate CCleaner Android.
If that is the case then see this post for how to get updated:

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

nukecad thank you for the quick response and detailed information. Looking over my account I’ve been with the CCleaner team since 2014, I rechecked my payment info have the 18-license number and used the total amount of units for the cleaner. Ill be looking at the Friday deals or Christmas deals as they roll out – thanks again.

• 4 months later...

Hi from future, March 2024, same problem, what's going on? You need better developers. 😂Sorry but I paid the subscription and it still asks me to upgrade, how do I fix it? Thanks. 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Hat3ck said:

I paid the subscription and it still asks me to upgrade, how do I fix it? Thanks. 

Have you purchased a licence for CCleaner Professional Plus. or CCleaner Premium direct from CCleaner/Piriform?

The Licencing/Activation of CCleaner Android works differently depending on how you purchase the licence.

If you purchase CCleaner Android from the Google store  then that purchase is automatically linked to the Google account it was purchased from, CCleaner Android is Activated automatically on your Google account and you are not given a licence key to enter.

However if you have purchased a multi-device key with Cleaner Pro Plus or CCleaner Premium then you don't need to purchase from Google store -  but you do need to 'Activate' that multi-device licence key on your Google account.

See here for how to Activate your multi-device key on your Google account: https://support.ccleaner.com/s/article/how-to-register-and-activate-ccleaner-professional?language=en_US#h_01GAP5TG6C06QSHJ8R43EMMJRM

Click where it says 'For Android' to jump straight to the instructions:
image.png