Browser cleanup on Mac is not quite broke but definitely cumbersome

JLDEMENT

I close all my browsers first.  I then try and clean browser data, however the CLEAN button is grayed out.   So I start my browser, and rerun "clean browser".  The CLEAN button is now active but of course CCleaner complains about a browser running and I have to let it "close the app" (my browser) -- and then it cleans my browser data.   Is this normal behavior?

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

I don't have a Mac to check,

One thought does spring to mind though -
I note that in the Mac version of CCleaner the different cleaning sections are seperate buttons - It it possible that your browser is fully cleaning itself on closing (or is being cleaned by a script), meaning that there is nothing browser related for CCleaner to clean and so that button for cleaning the browsers greys out?

(On Windows my Firefox browser is fully cleaned by my own batch file before I run CCleaner, and so CCleaner has nothing to clean for Firefox. It isn't a sperate button though in the Windows version).

You could always try reinstalling your CCleaner to see if that changes that greying out behaviour.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043