Messed up on install

Toebean

wasn't fully aware I couldn't just install Cclean on my D: drive so I tried, it made the file but has nothing in it, now I can't delete it off my system through Apps/Settings. 
or Uninstall it due to the .exe not being there. Do i have to make a C:/Ccleaner folder first now before trying to put it there? Computer illiterate my b lol..

• Moderators

How did you try to install it on D:? ( And just in case, where did you download the installer from?)

If you don't specify a '\CCleaner' folder to put the required files and sub-folders into then the installer will always automatically create one.

If you want to install ccleaner at other than the standard location on the C: drive they you need to you click on 'Advanced' in the installer

image.png
Select if you want to install for all users or current user then click Next.
Now you have the option to browse to a pathname where you want CCleaner to be installed.

You can see here that I have browsed to Z:\Files without specifying a CCleaner folder, the installer has added the '\CCleaner' folder for me and will create it for me:
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

25 minutes ago, nukecad said:

How did you try to install it on D:? ( And just in case, where did you download the installer from?)

If you don't specify a '\CCleaner' folder to put the required files and sub-folders into then the installer will always automatically create one.

If you want to install ccleaner at other than the standard location on the C: drive they you need to you click on 'Advanced' in the installer

image.png
Select if you want to install for all users or current user then click Next.
Now you have the option to browse to a pathname where you want CCleaner to be installed.

You can see here that I have browsed to Z:\Files without specifying a CCleaner folder, the installer has added the '\CCleaner' folder for me and will create it for me:
image.png

I got it from the official (https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner)

As for how I did it pretty much like that but switched it from my C: to the D: 
It read just as 'D:\'
so i assumed it would just make up a file there.

I did just do it the way you listed, and It installed correctly. I thank you for taking the time to respond and help me out! 

• Moderators

No problem, good to hear you have installed it OK on D:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043