Health Check question...

After the check is completed, you will see four boxes at the bottom.  The second one is Space.  Click on that.   You will see Recycle bin listed at the top.  Uncheck it.   Go back to overview then click Make it Better.  

12 minutes ago, WinginSue said:

After the check is completed, you will see four boxes at the bottom.  The second one is Space.  Click on that.   You will see Recycle bin listed at the top.  Uncheck it.   Go back to overview then click Make it Better.  

Looks like I have to do this every time I run Health Check. I think this should be a "sticky" setting. However, I thank you very much for letting me know how to do that. 👍

• Moderators
6 hours ago, graywoulf said:

Looks like I have to do this every time I run Health Check. I think this should be a "sticky" setting.

Health Check was always meant to do a 'default' clean with few options to customise what it cleans.
It's intended for those who just want to do a basic clean without having to change any settings themselves.
In it's early days it was called 'Quick Clean' and then 'Easy Clean' for a few months. (Before the 'Speed' and 'Security' sections were added and it became Health Check).

If you want to change what gets cleaned or not everytime that you run CCleaner then you need to use the more advanced option of Custom Clean.

Custom Clean has lists of items that you can tick/untick to specify what gets cleaned or not, that 'sticks' until you change it again.
It also allows you to include items not on that list, or exclude particular files that would otherwise get cleaned.

Eg. to prevent Custom Clean from emptying the bin you would untick it in the list for Windows-System.
Custom Clean would then always leave the bin alone until/unless you tick it again.
Note though that Health Check always uses it's own cleaning rules.
Ticking/unticking things in Custom Clean does not change what Health Check cleans. (If it did then there would be no point in having both).

Capture.PNG

To set Custom Clean as the default that CCleaner shows you when you open CCleaner go to Options>Settings and change the CCleaner Home screen.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043