Recuva pro error - insufficient disk space

Hikmet

• Moderators

The error message shows over 4 Million Terabytes to be recovered, it's hardly surprising that it says there is not sufficient disc space.

Look at the 'Last Modified' dates of the files, you have some dated as from 1970 which shows that Windows can't determine their date - and most of the rest have dates in the future. Obviously something wrong there.
Look at the fies sizes, some are showing minus values which can happen for files that have no file extension. (it generally indicates a 32bit intiger for a filesize of greater than 2GB).

I believe that your problem probably stems from the fact that you say the disk is RAW, had it crashed and you are attempting to get the 'live' files back?

3 hours ago, Hikmet said:

I cant even recover 1 excellent file from 4tb raw disk

A raw disk has no file table, so Windows cannot know what the files on it are are or any details of them.
Which will be why Recuva is showing them as just a file number with no extensions, and the crazy dates and filesizes.

If you are trying to get the 'live' files back from a crashed drive then the way that I've been able in the past to recover the undeleted files from a HDD that had crashed and become RAW format was:

1.  'Quick Format' the drive with Windows.
  2. Recuva can then recognise the drive as one with a valid file table.
  3. Use Recuva in Advanced mode to search the newly formatted drive for non-deleted files, and restore them to another drive.

Capture.JPG

As with any attempted recovery there's no guarantees, but that method worked successfully for me - although a very small number of the recovered files were incomplete.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

It looks like the file system is ext4, which I am told is a Linux f/s, mounted on a Win 10 system. What the relevance of this is I don't know, but it doesn't look like a happy device.