Can't start Free Trial

Hi,

I've just downloaded CCleaner and when starting it states that I have 14 days remaining but when I click Start My Trial, it's stating that my trial period has expired. I've never used CCleaner before and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to fixing this.

I'd prefer to do the trial before spending any money.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 094413.png

• Moderators

It is finding that there has been a free trial of CCleaner on that computer at sometime in the past.
That will have been recorded on the computer itself, and it wouldn't be recorded there unless a trial had already been run.

Have you forgotten having a previous trial? Is it possible that someone else has used a trial on that computer?
Maybe you, or someone else, installed a trial by mistake and then uninstalled it?

Sorry but no one here is going to help you try to get around that one trial per machine limitation, so that you could then run trial after trial and never pay for CCleaner Pro.

You can still use CCleaner Free of course, or buy CCleaner Pro.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I’m not trying to get around anything. I’ve recently bought this laptop after using a MacBook for the last 10 years.

I only found this software today after Googling ‘CleanMyMac Windows Alternative’.

I’m the only person that uses the laptop as it’s my work laptop and I’m self employed so nobody else has access.

• Moderators

Was it bought brand new or was it refurbished? (or maybe second hand).

Where did you download the CCleaner trial from (the URL if you still have a note of it), and what is the setup file called?
I ask because I've just tried installing the trial 'CCsetup613_pro_trial.exe' on a laptop that has already had it once, and I got a different message box to yours.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043