Wrong subscription for ccleaner. Please help.

MaxW

Hi,

I had the free ccleaner software on my windows computer and decided to upgrade it to pro. I clicked the link on the software to upgrade it and it sent me to the website, trouble is after I purchase it I noticed it said for Mac. At no point did I click any link or check box for the Mac version. And when I tried the activation code it wouldn't work for windows.

Can someone please help me get my subscription changed to the Windows version? I don't own any Mac's so this subscription would be useless to me.

• Moderators

As far as I am aware a newly purchased key (with 20 characters) should work with both CCleaner Windows and CCleaner Mac.
(The older style 24-character keys had different keys for CCleaner Windows and CCleaner Mac).

Did you type the key into CCleaner activation, or did you copy/paste it from the email? (Typing mistooks can be made so we recommend copy/paste).

If copy/paste still doesn't work then contact support by email: support@ccleaner.com and explain your problem just as you have above, they will sort things out for you.

If possible use the same email address that you used when purchasing the key, they will need that email address to locate/verify your purchase.

PS. Do NOT post your key on this open forum where anybody could copy and use it (steal it).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043