Unwanted Wipe Free Space. [Solved]

HLVB

Hey there,

This may be not a bug as I'm a rookie.

I just loaded CC and I noticed that even UNchecked CC runs Wipe Met Free Space (settings) at the end of Custom Clean.

Any idea ?

so you disabled "wipe free space" in ccleaner's "options"/"settings"?

"wipe free space" also needs to be disabled in the options for "custom clean," in the "advanced" section.

my advice is to disable ccleaner's "wipe free space." wiping free space is dangerous because it could erase things that shouldn't be erased.

i always make it a point to disable ccleaner's "wipe free space" and i have never noticed its running on my computer when running ccleaner's cleaning process.

• Moderators

Make sure that it is not ticked here:
(Wipe Free Space is not something that is usually needed. It's an advanced option for particular situations. It takes a long time to do so you don't want to be doing it everytime that you run a Custom Clean).
image.png

If you already have that unticked then please explain more just what it is that you are seeing happening.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

We don't usually bother.

But I'll change the title to better reflect the issue and that it's solved.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• nukecad changed the title to Unwanted Wipe Free Space. [Solved]