CCleaner Pro unable to delete recent items

Rog_5L

Hello,

I'm using CCleaner Pro version 6.10.10347 although my "Recent Documents" in "Windows explorer" are ticked I'm still seeing the recent folders & files items.

whether in the taskbar or quick access. this issue has been for a while now after the latest updates.

• Moderators

Windows keeps multiple different 'Recently used' lists for different places and different things.

So Custom Clean lets you clean each one or not as you choose.

In Custom Clean under 'Windows Explorer' as well as 'Recent Documents', there is also  'Other Explorer MRUs'. (MRU = Most Recently Used).

But the ones that we get asked about the most are the two that you are asking about.

Firstly there are the 'Taskbar Jump Lists' where Windows keeps the recent files for apps pinned to the taskbar, if you don't want to see them then tick it in Custom Clean:

The Quick Access is a different thing and rather than cleaning the recent list you have to turn it off altogether:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Ok thanks nukecad that did solve my issue now.

sorry for the duplicated post above since I'm new I couldn't find my first post easily so I had to right new one. until I find the above one at my "Activity" section. so you can consider both as marked.   

• Moderators

No problem, it happens. The duplicate thread has been removed.

As well as the 'Activity' > 'My Activity Streams' on the menu there is another way to see your content.

Top right of the page is your username, click on it and there are some actions, click 'Profile'.
That opens your profile page where your activity is listed, and where you can add/change/edit various things in your user profile.
eg You can add a small graphic or picture as your forum Avatar.
Note that on some fora you need to have made a certain number of posts before it will let you add or edit things in your profile.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043