Software Updater always says I am offline when I am actually connected

This is an ongoing issue for several weeks.  All the other CCleaner functions on this Windows 11 machine work fine, but Software Updater worked once and now says that I am offline consistently after spinning for a bit. 

Any ideas on how to make this work again?

Thank you.

• Moderators

If it is saying that while you are online then it simply means that something is wrong with a connection.
It's just a general message that it shows for all connection errors.

If you try Health Check then the software updater in that ('Security' box) will probably say the slightly more helpful "Unable to reach server".
That still doesn't say what the actual problem is though.

It could be that a particular server is faulty, that does happen at times, or more likely that someting in your Antivirus/Firewall/security is blocking the connection.

As you say that it's been going on for several weeks then I'd suspect that it isn't a server fault and that you have something installed which is blocking the connection, or that you have changed some Windows Security setting which is now blocking it.

Are you using the built in Windows Security?
Have you added/installed any other Antivirus/Antimalware/etc. applications?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043