CCleaner running in the background.

Sixstringz

Note from Nukecad - This has been moved from an old thread: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/24544-can-i-temporarily-disable-ccleaner/#comment-149363
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, now that its almost 14 years later, and Ccleaner DOES run in the background, is there now a way to disable it without uninstalling it. I have a few music programs, Maschine and Traktor Pro 3 that its interfering with the MIDI mapping of my hardware. I LOVE Ccleaner, I dont want to have to uninstall it. There must be a way to disable it so it doesnt interfer with software and drivers, but can turn it back on when I want it to scan. Im also super interested to see if any of the previous commenters are still around!

• Moderators

Yes that was an old thread, so old that I've moved your query out from it because CCleaner has changed a lot since then.

There are a few things CCleaner that run in the background these days, more in Pro than in Free -  they can be turned off.

In both Free and Pro on by default are Smart Cleaning, and Automatic Updating of CCleaner. Both can be found in Options and unticked to turn them off.
Either of those if enabled will put a CCleaner icon in your System Tray.

There is also 'Cleaning Schedule', again in Options.  That is off by default and if enabled shouldn't run more than once a day so shouldn't interfere with things except at that set time.

If you have Pro then Performance Optimiser if set up will run in the background. I'm not sure what affect that might have on MIDI.

There are a couple of other tasks that are scheduled to run daily and contact the CCleaner server to check for 'emergency' updates or report any crashes of CCleaner, but they are quick to run so they shouldn't interfere with  things.
They can be disabled in Task Scheduler.

PS. 3 of the 6 posters from that old 2009 thread are still active in 2023, of the others 1 last logged on in 2020, 1 last in 2019, and the OP hasn't returned since 2009.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043