Assistance with deleted photos

Fultonsc

I have used ccleaner successfully on my computer for several years but when I tried to use it on my android phone you deleted my photos.  I was able to retrieve many of them but not the last eight months which contained photos that don't exist anywhere else and are of my daughter, whom I have not seen in five years (the photos were taken when she was giving a speech online that I recorded). There are also photos of my grandchildren which are also not duplicated anywhere else.  I am trying to find out how to retrieve them but no one has been successful in helping. I don't know why ccleaner would do this ---I use them for cleaning out viruses, junk, cookies etc. You have no business messing around with my photos.  Is there anyway to retrieve them?   I am very stressed about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your photos. CCleaner is designed to clean up junk and temporary files from your computer or Android phone, but it is not intended to delete personal files such as photos. It's possible that something went wrong during the cleaning process that caused your photos to be deleted.

Unfortunately, once files are deleted, they can be difficult to recover, especially if the space on the phone has been overwritten with new data. However, here are some things you can try:

1.     Check your cloud storage: If you have any cloud storage services like Google Photos or Dropbox, check to see if the missing photos were synced to the cloud. They may still be available there.

2.     Check your phone's trash or recycle bin: Some Android phones have a trash or recycle bin feature that temporarily stores deleted files before permanently deleting them. Check if your phone has this feature and if the missing photos are still in there.

4.     Contact a professional data recovery service: If the missing photos are extremely important to you and you are unable to recover them yourself, you can consider contacting a professional data recovery service. These services specialize in recovering data from damaged or corrupted storage devices, but they can be expensive.

I hope one of these options helps you recover your missing photos. In the future, be sure to back up important files regularly to prevent losing them in case of accidental deletion or device failure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The 'Recuva' apps currently available on the Google Play Store are NOT the original Recuva by Piriform.

Why would you trust/use any app who's developer is blatantly ripping off a trusted name?
(One of them appears designed to steal your Facebook contacts list, reviews say that it asks you to login to Facebook but then doesn't recover anything at all. That doesn't make any sense. Why would a recovery app need you to log into Facebook?).

The original Recuva from Piriform can not be installed on Android at this time, it can recover files from a phone's SD card if the card is removed from the phone and connected to a PC.
(A very few users have also been successful at recovering deleted files from the phone memory - if the phone can be 'mounted as a drive' using USB to connect it to a computer so that the computer gives it a drive letter, many newer mobiles cannot be connected as a drive in that way).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The exact same thing happened to me on my android, CCleaner deleted all my photos and videos. I was so shocked and upset when it happened and actually couldn't believe that it did. Surely this is a fault with the app, it shouldn't be deleting personal files! I've been so stressed about it. 

• Moderators

me_rb333 please stop posting multiple copies of the above post. It is annoying and will confuse any answers you may receive.

If a problem is raised and doesn't get an answer it's probably because we don't know what the answer is.