Please I need help

cervando

I have been a user of Ccleaner free for years. My current version is 6.08.10255(64-bit). I have a doubt : when I choose ¨Custom Clean¨ and the ¨Windows Downloads¨ are checked, does the cleaner delete images, applications, videos, documents, etc?
Regards

• Moderators

The filetypes listed under "Windows Downloads" in Custom Clean if ticked will be removed from your Downloads folder when you run Custom Clean.

It cleans up the Downloads folder, it doesn't touch any other folders.

If you don't tick any of them then CCleaner will leave your Downloads folder alone.

For example the following ticks would remove from the Downloads folder Programes (.exe), image files (.jpg, .bmp, etc), and documents(.doc,.docx, etc); it would not remove compressed (zip) files, audio files (wav, etc), or other filetypes from the Downloads folder.

image.png

It is similar to 'Downloaded Program Files' in Windows Disk Clean-up, - but CCleaner gives you more options of what download filetypes are to be cleared from the Download folder.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043