Internet Explorer Still Active

Haiweepp

When I clean my system with CCleaner I still see Internet Explorer files (usually two files but up to 12 or so) that must be cleaned even though MS claimed to have discontinued the program.  I also continue to show Internet Explorer in my Program Files.  When I clean my browsers with KAMO there is no option to clean IE any longer.  If IE is still soiling my system and reporting my browser activity back to Microsoft through IE then how can I clean that without an option to do so?  Is there a way to simply remove Internet Explorer or at least get the KAMO option back to clear it along with Firefox and Edge? 

Screenshot (9).png

• Moderators

Many other apps, both Microsoft and 3rd party, use the IE temporary file locations to store their own temporary files.
It's just a convienent place for temporary files that was always there, so why not use it?

Even though IE is now discontinued those other apps still use it's temporary file locations to store their temporary files, and so CCleaner still clears those locations.

PS. It's not at all unusual to still have IE on your machine, even with Windows 11.
It doesn't usually show unless you go looking for it.
If you do try to use it it will tell you that you should use Edge instead.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I'm always trying to minimize any unnecessary connections with MS or any of the useless so-called "social media" that are only vacuums for your personal information (and, in TikTok's case, a direct line to China's vacuum).  That said, what sort of programs use IE and can I redirect them to a different file or program that isn't connected to IE.  I apparently can't delete IE since it doesn't appear in my Apps & Features nor my Default Apps. 

I know that my paranoia about these sites and programs are always at a far higher level than most users but I do not believe that anyone, anywhere, offer anyone any absolute online safety,  Since it's a huge cash generator it should be strictly regulated by laws that allow anyone to opt into this crap rather than try to opt out in site after site.  California almost got it right to force sites to offer the option to opt out but they left huge holes for any site than claims to be a charity or is in any way connected to the government of the state.  Okay, rant about who owns my personal information is over.

• Moderators

Not many programmes still use IE, and you would know if you had one.
They are mainly software from big companies and organisations that haven't updated yet because of costs.
(The last one I personally came across was a payment system for British Gas to top-up a pre-payment card, the device used to top up the cards could only connect via IE).

I wouldn't bother about IE still being on your Windows machine, there's a lot of stuff on there which never gets used by most people.
If you are truly paranoid about MS Windows then there are alternative Operating Systems:

There's MAC of course if you want to buy a MAC computer.

Linux has a very good following amongst technically minded users, it's open source and is free to install.
Many old Windows XP machines have been given a new life by installing a Linux OS.
(I had Linux Mint running on an old XP-Pro laptop for a while, until I upgraded it's RAM and installed Win 10).
There are different 'flavours' (versions) of Linux because it is open source, so you can try a few and find a flavour that suits you.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-linux-distributions/

Chromium OS can be installed on existing hardware- (of course some would say that's more intrusive than MS).

As well as those 2 you will find another 10 free to install OS's here, no MS in sight: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-alternatives-to-windows-operating-systems/

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043