CCleaner smart cleaning agent not autostarting

Bucky Kid

Good morning, after upgrade to Windows 11 I have problem to auto start CC background service with logon. I have the CCleaner shortcut set to run as admin and for some reason  Windows 11 prevents it to auto start. Is there a resolution how to force it autostart?

• Moderators

Just to be sure here; are we talking only about Smart Cleaning?

There a a number of things in CCleaner that can launch in the background at startup.
eg. Smart Cleaning, Scheduling, Automatic updating, Performance Optimser, and of course Run a clean at startup.

A few more questions to help us work out what may be happening:

1. Could you say what is happening, or not happening, that makes you say that Smart Cleaning is not running, eg. are you getting an error message?
  2. Is anything CCleaner running in the background? Task Manager should show if there is a CCleaner background task running.
  3. Could you tell us (or screenshot) your settings for Smart Cleaning, and possibly for the others I mentioned?
  4. Are you using your computer from an Admin account or as a Standard user?
  5. Are you using a 3rd party Antivirus? If so which one and what version number is it?

The answers to those should help us work out what may be happening/not happening for you and hoe to fix it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043