unable to install ccleaner

f4kw14hm3n0w

I've had ccleaner for few years now and just suddenly when i try to open it the other day, nothing happens. i can see the ccleaner on the taskbar but nothing happens.

i tried downloading the newest version from the official website and when i install the ccleaner 607 version, the program just freezes and asks if i want to wait or close and i waited and nothing happens and stays frozen.

when i tried to uninstall it i got this error :could not load: c:/program files/ccleaner/ccsystem.dll

i renamed the ccleanerupdate to something else and that allowed me to remove it completely but when i try to reinstall it, it still just gets frozen. anyone else experience something like this?

• Moderators

I'm assuming that CCleaner was working OK from the taskbar before?

It suddenly stopped working, and then a new download wouldn't install at all.
That suggests that someting has changed, probably in your antivirus or other security setups.

Did it give you any other message other than asking if you wanted to wait?

Firstly- I'd try downloading the 'Slim' instaler from here: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/builds
It installs the same CCleaner but does it slightly differently, so it will sometimes work when the Standard installer won't.
However from what you describe I think that you'll probably get the same freeze, so go for the next step>

Next- after downloading the Slim installer disconnect from the internet before running the installer.
If that installs OK then while still disconnected run CCleaner to check that it works.
If CCleaner runs when not connected then reconnect to the internet and run CCleaner again, does it freeze now?

I'm trying to see if something is blocking the installer and/or CCleaner itself from accessing the net for you, so please report back what happens.

A couple of other questions that could help narrow things down:
Are you running your computer as a Standard User or as an Administrator?
What version of Windows are you running? (eg. Windows 10 21H2).
If you have an antivirus installed then what antivirus are you using and what version number is it?
Who is your internet provider? (I ask that because my provider, British Telecom, recently switched on some extra 'web protection' and my laptop started doing odd things online. It took me a day or two to work out what had happened).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043