Issues ... with Currently 'NO' Answers.... HELP!

Banballow

Basically ... Here it is in a 'NutShell' :

for Several Months, Now .. my CCleaner Professional software has had the Issue of : When You RUN the 'Health Check' I, get a 'Greyed Out, Security Box' with it 

Stating 'unable to reach server' .. I, Have the Latest Update v6.04.10044 .. I, Have Tried, Completely Uninstalling, Reinstalling ... NOTHING Helps.

I, Have Noticed that at Times, the Greyed Out Box, Returns to Normal, then reverts back to Greyed Out.

I, Have Sent, (3) Supoort Requests for this ... NOBODY Responds.

Can ANYONE Help or Provide, insight as to why the Greyed Out Box is appearing & Why, Support isn't Responding to Support Requests.

Thanks,

Regards  :)

it's possible that you are using a HOSTS file that is causing a problem.

try renaming your HOSTS file to "nohosts," to see if that resolves the problem.

normally the HOSTS file is located at "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc."

i think that the reason that you are seeing the greyed out security box is because the ccleaner program is unable to verify your ccleaner-license, which is due to your HOSTS file's blocking access to avast servers. ccleaner is owned by avast.

if you have blocked the ccleaner program in your firewall-rules, that also could be the cause of the problem where the ccleaner program is unable to verify your ccleaner-license due to not being able to connect to the avast servers.

if you use the "spybot s&d" antimalware program, my guess is that it is responsible for generating the problematic HOSTS file.

i would recommend using ccleaner's "custom clean" rather than using "health check." that is what most people do.

redwolfe_98;

Thankyou for Replying.

1st : I will say that I, Don't use 'SpyBot' software .. as it is the Worst Software to be Used on ANY Device .. it Misses most Malware, Spyware & completely Passes Over, & Doesn't Detect almost ALL, Privacy Risks & Security Threats(even Though, it States that it does...)

2nd : I, will Check the Change to my HOSTS file, as You Suggested

3rd : Seeing that I, Bought this Software for MY Device, How I, use it, is my Discretion .. "What Works for Some, does not Work for Others..."

Thankyou again, for your Suggestion ... Can You ANSWER, as to Why, Support has not Answered ANY of my Requests for Help?  &  Would You know, How to get in Touch, with them ... so, that they will Respond?

Regards,

:)