Chrome based browsers are blocking a lot of mainstream websites

Like some of the largest financial institutions, country websites and media sites like CNN.  Or they'll display without any images/videos.  Is there any way of toning down the security settings?  I've disabled almost everything in Options. This is not just a CCleaner thing of course.  I just did a re-install of Win7 Ultimate 64bit and never had these problems before.  I use several Chrome based browsers including Google, all updated. 

Example: One of the largest banks in the world.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.rbcroyalbank.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is www.rbcroyalbank.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

• Moderators

That's a SSC (Site Security Certificate) error, they are not that uncommon.

Your browser (or a browser security add-on, or browser protection in your AV - but it's usually the browser itself) is blocking the site because it cannot verify it's SSC.

As said that happens sometimes, and is often simply a sign that someone has forgotten to renew the certificate.
However checking that particular sites' certificate it was renewed on 5th August 2022.

Had you perhaps used an old bookmark/link? Try putting the URL directly into your browsers address bar.
I can get to it no problem in both Firefox and Edge Chromium.

If you trust the site then usually clicking the 'Learn More' will give you an option to continue to the site.

TBH though if it's happening for you on more than one website then I'd have to suspect that it's probably a Win 7 issue, because Win 7 is EOL and so no longer getting security updates.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043