Skips Chromium

Haiweepp

A few times in the last two weeks or so, when I get an analysis it shows that CCleaner refuses to put the crap that Chromium adds to itself on the list to clean.  (See attachment)  I NEVER use any of MS's programs or browsers so why does their browsers have cookies and internet cache and other files?  And why the hell can't I get that crap overwritten?  All MS products have the primary purpose of stealing everyone's personal information and what it is used for (Word or whatever) is secondary.  How can I get CCleaner to get rid of these files?

Screenshot (17).png

• Moderators

Your first issue is that Edge Chromium is being skipped because it is running in the background, see this for how to stop that:
(or you could just untick all the entries for Edge Chromium and CCleaner won't even look at it)

Second - Many things on your computer use Edge Chromium (and Internet Explorers) storage spaces, so those spaces may need to be cleaned.
(Live tiles, weather, news, etc. plus even 3rd party apps will use their tempory folders because they are there and handy)

Have a read of this, especially the 3rd section "Cookies (Tracking Cookies) and other files that can reappear straight after cleaning" for an idea of where they can come from:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043