Desktop shortcut tells me ccleaner has been moved or changed

and I cannot access it anywhere else. This happened a few months ago and I gave up on it until I got an email from you telling me I had not registered my licence. I had, but did it again and ccleaner worked for a couple of weeks. But...back to square one! I am not a techie in any shape or form so be gentle with me please.  lol   

• Moderators

As you say you are not a techie I'm asuming that CCleaner has been installed at the 'standard' location and that you didn't do a custom install to install it on another drive or a different directory.

To fix the shortcut:

Right-click on the desktop shortcut icon.
In the menu that pops up click on 'Properties'. (it should be at the very bottom of the popup).
A window will open like this one, select the 'Shortcut' tab:

image.png

Where it says 'Target' you want to say either "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" like that one above does,
or "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe"
(It doesn't matter which one it says unless you only have a 32-bit computer, in which case it should be the second one).

If it doesn't say either of those make a note of what it does say, then change it, and click on 'Apply'.
If it says that you need Administrator permissions then click on 'Continue'.
You can now close that window.

That should have fixed your desktop shortcut.
If it hasn't then come back, there are another couple of ways to do it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043