CCleaner Recycle Bin Right Click Error

I have noticed with both the free and premium versions of CCleaner, that when I do a right click on windows recycle bin and select any CCleaner's functions, I get the error message I have attached to this message. Even after I reinstall the program, it fixes the issue for a couple of weeks and then it starts up again. I use windows 10 Home 64bit, build no.: 19044.1766.

CC_Cleaner_Error_Screen_Grab.gif

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Geoff_Partridge I am curious if this indicates there is an issue with the path that is being used for the Recycle Bin Context Menu options.

Can you please navigate to the registry location for the "Run CCleaner..." option, using the following steps?

1. Open the "Run" dialog in Windows (On the keyboard, hold the "Windows" (?name=Windows+Logo.png) and "R" keys simultaneously)
  2. Type: regedit.exe > click OK
  3. Navigate to:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...\command

From here, please see if the "Data" is displayed as C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe /FRB - or if something else is written.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@MeganCCleaner

That key has been truncated so the user doesn't know what you want to be looked at.

Not everyone is happy using regedit anyway, I wouldn't ask a questioner to access the registry unless they have indicated they are comfortable doing so.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043