got invoice email but never purchased licences

I received an email with a licence key. Also message that my credit card was charged (from cleverbridge). But I never purchased any license. CCleaner support simply does not answer on my request. Maybe someone used accidentally my email address or this is fraud. Who can help? Anyone with similar experience?

cleverbridge ref code: [code redacted for privacy]

Edited by Dave CCleaner
reference redacted for privacy

I would double check with your credit card company as the email may be a phishing attempt. If they confirm the charge then initiate a chargeback & change your account password & request a new credit card.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

• Admin
On 26/06/2022 at 09:44, Jens1966 said:

I received an email with a licence key.

I can see that a purchase was made on June 21st (your name, but a gmx email address) from someone having bought CCleaner Professional Plus via a link in an email for expired CCleaner users.  From German IP and billing address.  The licence key issued was never used.

I can see that this was refunded to you yesterday morning, with a confirmation of the same from CCleaner customer support about 9 hours ago (a much longer response time than usual from your original enquiry - apologies for the delay - the team had a bit of a backlog to work through last week).

Odd that someone else would go to the trouble of buying you a CCleaner Professional licence key. And doubly odd, since online credit card transactions made in Europe these days tend to require 3DS verification (with your bank sending you an SMS code or asking you to verify the transaction with their mobile banking app before the transaction completes).  But if you are quite certain that neither you nor anyone else in your household made this purchase, and there was indeed a transaction on your MasterCard recorded by your bank, then it is always possible that this was a third party picking a random website to test a stolen credit card - in which case I would recommend getting your credit card blocked, changing passwords, etc.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes