Password manager ext problem (Dashlane)

• Admin

@j2images: That does not seem like intended behaviour.  I was able to replicate and have escalated to the development team.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Something goes wrong here with Dashlane. I  can't uninstall it and there is not appear on the extensions tab.

I use other extension for my passwords (Blur) but dashlane pop up, in front of my exist password manager panel .

so, in every site that i was going to login i try to stop dashlane pop up and try to reach my password manager panel to login.

It is annoying, please try to fix it , or find a way for uninstall dashlane extension.

• Admin

Has been confirmed as bug and fix in progress.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

Why is Dashlane now active and not able to be removed or even turned off?  This feels very insecure.  Furthermore, it has replaced my existing Last Pass and I can't even add LP back! 

This is a serious problem. CCleaner is getting WORSE not better. 

I have been using the CCleaner browser since last year on my laptop but all of a sudden Dashlane password manager started appearing all over every website I logged into.  I continually checked the box not to save passwords with Dashlane.  Today I had to totally remove the CC Cleaner browser as there was no way uninstall Dashlane and it had taken over all of my saved passwords.  It was not in my program list and it was not showing the the extension.  It was like it was hiding in the background saving passwords.  Very suspicious.

After removing the CCleaner browser I had to reload all of my bookmarks and start all over.  This was hours and hours of work on my end that CCleaner cost me.

I have used the C Cleaner application for a utility for years but will never use their browser again.  This is terrible.

• Admin

@KateShortForBob, @Reboots DaMachina, @j2images, @PROVERITAS, @skonik  : The issue was a misconfiguration of an update intended to facilitate use for DashLane users that went too broadly, and then had to be unpicked to make sure that when reverting, actual DashLane users weren't adversely impacted.

I checked this morning and it looks like a fix is in.  I am seeing my LastPass back and DashLane back off. 

Can you confirm that you are seeing the same thing?

image.png

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Password manager ext problem (Dashlane)

OK it's been months with this problem and all the devs at ccleaner, microsoft and dashlane are saying is the broken solutions "open control panel..." "...or delete browser extension..." Think this is malware, I didn't ask for it. It's installed itself, It's not showing up in programs or extensions tab and there's litteraly no way to remove dashlane from ccbroswer it seems. There's literally no way to get rid of this malware and the devs keep sending us round in the same circle. jerk I'm going to switch to Firefox today. As clearly your running malware now.

OK so I'm having exactly the same problem with DashLane. The suggestion to use the developer mode button doesn't workat all. In fact the DL box popped up on this site as I was typing into this site. The don't show this again box in DL won't stay hidden after you use Ccleaner and then it will come back. I even had the DL people remove my acc. or my email add. & I don't remember even giving it to them and still this thing persists. It's not in my extension page so please stop telling people to go there. Also about a month or more ago after another broweser update for some reason when I created a desk top icon they would also then appear on my REVO Pro uninstaller program as seperate programs. The people at REVO said that's not supposed to happen and it never did until the update from Ccleaner.  So I deleted one of them and like the person above me here it wiped out all my saved favorites, 100's of them just gone from the web browsers home page and even in seperate folders the links were cut. 

So I really liked using this browswer, but after these 2 wierd seemingly unfixable on my side problems if 1 more F up like this happens I will have to delete the Ccleaner browser, shame cause at one time it was the best out there. OK so I know it's free and you are trying to monitize it to make some money but someone there is doing a half assed job of not pre-viewing these things before you added them on. Either stop with these add ons and revert back to when you 1st brought this out or if it's costing you guys more to run it then just end it completely cause it's headed towards shooting it's self in the head and becoming to problematic. Thanks, Marc

I also tried this "suggestion" and nothing!  Very frustrating and concerning to think that this malware may be grabbing my userids and passwords without my knowledge and doing who knows what with them!  As a Cyber Security expert, this is BS!  If it is not fixed quickly with a rapid fire update, I'll be forced to go back to Firefox, which is unfortunate.

I don't know if this happened to you but after I had DL remove my email add. it got worse. So now I'm thinking it isn't really them, it's completely Ccleaners fault.  The 1st thing they did about 2 years ago I didn't like was to start putting sites in the Add Shortcuts that I didn't even go to. I guess that was a sneaky paid ad form. So for me and I might be the only one here with the wierd leakage of creating a desktop icon and then it linking it self into my REVO Pro uninstaller as a seperate full propgram, that's not good. Now this fiasco, it's like they hired a few Microsoft people and now you get unwanted updates that fail. There is now also a different problem that has popped up in the last week. When you go and do the update cause it mimics Chrome when they do, Chrome updates and relaunches just fine, Ccleaner????? nope I just keep hitting the relaunch button and it doesn't take. So now a new failure, who the hell is in charge with this thing anyway? If they don't want to support this anymore just say so and I'll bail out and jump ship. Please just revert back to when you 1st did this, stop with the bad code. Someone there doesn't know what they are doing. 

So CyberSecGuru I've been using DuckDuckGo more and more and I really like it so that will be my choice, I will hate to lose all my new saved favs. but this ship is sinking and I'm not going down with it, man what a mess, thanks,...........M

OK cool but I just tried to update and it just keeps saying to relaunch, I updated Google Chrome to something 102........ but Ccleaner is stuck on 101........., so another problem. I went to trouble shooting and it seems their best suggestion is to delete it then re-down load, if I have to do that and again lose all my saved favs. then I'll just move on. Are there any suggestions on how I can stop this repeating relaunch and why it's all of a sudden happening? 

OK so this is weird, I still can't update the browser but it seems for now the Dashlane box is gone, I did though go to the Security page and undid the PW manager and maybe that did it. OK so cool now onto the update browser problem, I'm not even gonna try and deal with the REVO Pro uninstaller foul up, Just hoping I can fix the relaunch stuck thing. 

OK, I update mine and it worked, at last everything back to normal.

Except that now, i don't want to see Dashline company and its products, never again.

As Ccleaner browser, i am very satisfy cause is one of the best safe and privacy browser

Hey so I bit the bullet and deleted the Ccleaner browser completely. Didn't want to do it but it's just too floogy and unstable now. I don't blame them wanting to monetize this to pay for the upkeep but their process isn't working. So I have Google Chrome then downloaded Duck Duck Go and everything works fine now. Yeah I have to now rebuild the favorites folder but I'll just do that slowly. I also ran into a problem that when I deleted the browser and tried to reinstall it failed 3 X's and so that pushed me to give up on this altogether. Love the Cleaner Pro, will never return to the browser and maybe they have given up also cause it just doesn't pay and want to sabotage it so people like me throw in the towel. I could be wrong,  we had a saying at the USPS "oh well s**t happens, then you're dead" I found a better alternative. 

• 3 weeks later...